Information Services Support Specialist
Ursa Major Technologies
Ursa Major was founded to address a critical shortfall in the U.S. industrial base and bring a new model to aerospace and defense systems: we design and manufacture the world’s leading propulsion systems for space, hypersonic applications, and missile systems.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team – a team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
As an Information Services Support Specialist you will be responsible for supporting the Information Services team in various capacities. We are looking for someone who is motivated to help others and take initiative to improve our IT infrastructure as needed. Ideally you will have a can-do attitude and be able to work in an environment that is constantly evolving. Whether it is in the form of traditional desktop support or a major software deployment, our mission in Information Services is to provide outstanding customer service and support so our teams can focus on doing what they do best, building the best engines in aerospace. This role will report to the Director of Information Services.
- Provide world class desktop support to all Ursa employees
- Triage and manage helpdesk tickets via our IS Support portal (ISS)
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems, escalating them as necessary to tier II support
- Manage and deploy software via Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Company Portal App
- Setup and deploy new hire / replacement equipment
- Manage and track IT assets using Freshservice
- Create and manage user accounts using Microsoft Office 365
- Manage user permissions in Microsoft Azure and SharePoint Online
- Work on IS projects to help improve internal infrastructure as requested
- Maintain support documentation and publish knowledgebase articles
- Work with IS management to develop strategies to improve helpdesk efficiency and customer satisfaction
- B.S. degree in IT related field or equivalent certifications from an accredited certification agency
- 3+ years’ experience in helpdesk / desktop support
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, startup environment
- Demonstrated success as project or team lead
- Familiarity working in a Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Government cloud-based environment preferred
- Experience communicating effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple explanations
- Ability to work with various teams from multiple disciplines on time sensitive issues with the ability to prioritize items as necessary
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on problems without hesitation
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $60,000 - $90,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
Classification: Full-time Exempt.
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid parental and Adoptive Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D
- Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- EAP Program
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options