2024 Summer Propulsion Engineering Internship
Ursa Major Technologies
The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major is currently seeking talented individuals for our Summer 2024 Propulsion Engineering Internship. As an intern on a small, fast-moving team, you will be challenged with supporting the dynamic environment of propulsion design, development, manufacturing, test, and production. You will receive hands-on experience while helping solve difficult engineering problems. We thrive on giving ownership and authority, so you can expect to make decisions and make a difference! In this internship, you will work alongside the lead product engineer on one of our engine programs. You will learn and practice a range of skills in support of architecture trade studies, CAD model management, test data analysis, and engine cycle modeling to gain an integrated understanding of closed cycle, pump fed rocket engines.
This position will be full-time.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 09/29/23. Final decisions will be made in October.
- Learn fundamentals of engine design and test.
- Learn and perform test data reviews and correlate data to the engine cycle model.
- Perform component inspections alongside Responsible Engineers and assess engine-level interactions.
- Desire to learn quickly and become a contributor to the success of the program.
- Knowledge of Python.
- 3D modeling experience.
- Junior level exposure to fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, mechanics of materials, etc.
- Hands on experience taking an engineering project through the design, build, and test process.
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate level rocket propulsion course.
- Knowledge of FORTRAN and similar programming languages.
- Experience with Siemens NX.
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation of this role, which is $29/hour. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy.
Classification: Full-time Non Exempt.