2024 Summer Manufacturing Engineering Internship
Ursa Major Technologies
The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major is currently seeking talented individuals for our Summer 2024 Manufacturing Internship. As an intern on a small, fast-moving team, you will be challenged with supporting the dynamic environment of propulsion design, development, manufacturing, and production. You will receive hands-on experience while helping solve difficult engineering problems. As a Manufacturing Engineering intern you will be working with a small, flexible team to support both Responsible Engineers and Technicians in establishing new processes and improving existing manufacturing methods.
This position will be full-time.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 09/29/23. Final decisions will be made in October.
- Background in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering
- Must be an academic Junior and above (completed 90 or more semester hours)
- Experience in a hardware-focused environment, particularly with assembly or test
- Experience with hardware assembly, engineering drawings, mechatronics
- Experience with CAD software and/or tool design, general drafting, GD&T
- Knowledgeable about machining, either manual or CNC machining
- Knowledgeable about metal 3D printing technologies
- Knowledgeable about process design, lean manufacturing, or optimization of processes
- Experience at creating build instructions, following industry practices and processes
- Experience working directly with shop floor technicians
- Hands-on hobbies and/or extracurricular engineering team involvement
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation of this role, which is $29/hour. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy.
Classification: Full-time Non Exempt.