2024 Summer Additive Manufacturing Engineering Internship
Ursa Major Technologies
The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major is currently seeking talented individuals for our Summer 2024 Additive Manufacturing Engineering Internship. As an intern on a small, fast-moving team, you will be challenged with supporting the dynamic environment of propulsion design, development, manufacturing, test, and production. You will receive hands-on experience while helping solve difficult engineering problems. We thrive on giving ownership and authority, so you can expect to make decisions and make a difference! As the Additive Manufacturing Engineering Intern, you will support laser powder bed fusion part development and production at Ursa Major. You will learn and apply metal 3D printing knowledge by designing, modeling, and printing new support strategies, tooling, and help create standard witness specimen geometry libraries. The AM Intern will help develop a comprehensive set of design guidelines and support the daily team operations by preparing build files, operating LPBF machines, and post processing builds.
This position will be full-time.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 09/29/23. Final decisions will be made in October.
- Support LPBF component manufacturing at Ursa Major
- Additive manufacturing build file setup and programming
- Develop guidelines for more standardized support structure strategies
- Create a library of standard witness and mechanical specimen geometries
- Work alongside the additive technicians to operate LPBF machines and post process builds
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Materials, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering
- Hands on design and operation in any category of 3D printing
- 3D CAD experience
- Experience with metal additive manufacturing in the aerospace and/or defense industry
- Experience preparing build files and operating laser powder bed fusion machines
- Experience with Siemens NX
The base compensation of this role is $29/hour. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy.
Classification: Full-time Non Exempt.