Ursa Major Technologies
The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major’s teams move fast and do a lot with little. We are looking for a skilled, fast learning individual who will support our design efforts. This role will be part of the technical organization, responsible for clean sheet designs of a variety of propulsion hardware. Candidates will be expected to have ownership from the initial concept phase to a production-ready design and may need to support multiple programs simultaneously.
- Clean sheet design of combustion devices, igniters, Thrust Vector Control Actuators, valves, and fluid & mechanical systems.
- Design modifications of existing components and prototypes to increase performance, improve manufacturability or resolve limitations
- Collaborate with team members to write, review, and update work instructions for the assembly of components as well as establish appropriate acceptance and qualification tests
- Assembly and testing of first article prototypes
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 2+ years of relevant mechanical design experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer aided design and drafting
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
- Working knowledge of and hands-on experience with fluid, mechanical, and electrical systems
- Strong understanding of industry standards and requirements
- Desire to take ownership and help wherever needed on the team
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Security clearance
- Demonstrated proficiency with fundamental manual or CNC machining equipment and processes (milling, turning)
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic principles of design for additive manufacturing
- Coordination with analysis and lead engineers to quickly mature designs
- Experience with structural and thermal analysis using Ansys FEA software
- 1+ years of PTC Creo or Siemens NX CAD programs and Windchill PLM software
- Experience with CFD analysis using commercially available software
- Hands-on test experience with pressurized systems
- Experience leading design reviews to communicate design decisions and trades. Well versed in documenting those reviews
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA); Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D, and EAP Program; Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport, and Pet Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $80,000 - $125,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The salary range for this role is intentionally wide as we are evaluating individuals based on their unique experience and abilities to fit our needs. Most importantly, we are excited to meet you, and see if you are a great fit for our team. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
Classification: Full-time Exempt.