Senior Compensation Analyst
Location: New York - hybrid
Senior Compensation Analyst
We have an opportunity for a Total Rewards Analyst to join our dynamic People Team at Techstars. Reporting to the Head of Global Total Rewards, the Analyst will work closely with our high-performing HR team, including HRBPs, Talent Acquisition, and People Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Partner with and support the Head of Total Rewards and Operations to develop innovative strategies to attract and retain top talent.
- Manage a variety of global compensation projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, & implementation of new programs.
- Evaluate market and economic trends to recommend adjustments to the company’s compensation infrastructure including salary ranges, long term incentive and portfolio carry structure program, candidate offers, compliance requirements, and merit/promotion budgets.
- Collaborate with HCBP’s and Talent Acquisition to support our business goals and ensure market competitiveness. Act as a trusted advisor to provide effective recommendations, creative solutions, and compensation expertise.
- Administer annual PMP planning and comp processes in partnership with other HC team and other members
- Support requests for new or revised roles to determine appropriate salary grade assignments within our job architecture.
- Stay abreast of global, federal, and state employment law updates pertaining to compensation compliance.
- Support the management and design of our HC System/modules as it relates to compensation.
- Develop processes, procedures, and documentation that improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and reliability of our compensation team.
Qualifications and Skills
- 7+ years of experience in Compensation; must have 3+ years experience conducting, packaging, and presenting data analyses
- Spreadsheet expert; you have experience building dynamic and intuitive models in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail, trends, and opportunities for improvement.
- Experience independently designing processes and managing programs from ideation to completion.
- Ability to translate data and complex findings to senior leaders and non-quantitative audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience building effective relationships with stakeholders across our diverse workforce.
- Fluent in HR system design and management. Experience with UKG, Pave, Radford, Carta, Greenhouse or other compensation surveys, systems, and tools a plus.
- A demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, and dynamic business environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree - preferably in a quantitative field.
Compensation: $115,000 - $135,000 with 10% bonus
Techstars is the most active pre-seed investor in the world having invested through its accelerators in more than 3,700 companies. Founded in 2006, Techstars believes that entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to invest in an unprecedented number of startups per year enabling more capital to flow to more entrepreneurs around the world. We do this by operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, as well as by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following: