Program Manager, Techstars Los Angeles
Program Manager, Techstars Los Angeles
The Program Manager (PM) is the operational backbone of the Accelerator program team. The PM’s focus is program operations and execution of the Techstars playbook to deliver the best possible program experience for founders, mentors, partners, investors and other stakeholders.
PMs are responsible for ensuring the operational success of the full accelerator cycle from company sourcing through Demo Day. This includes event management, utilizing tools/developing processes to manage program data, building and scheduling the 3-month programming calendar, execution of Demo Day, and recruiting, hiring, training, and management of the seasonally hired Associate team. For programs with a Corporate Partner, the Program Analyst is also responsible for collaborating closely with the corporate partner to support their goals within the accelerator.
Experience with operations and event planning is required and is a major part of this role. Familiarity with the early stage venture-backed company ecosystem is preferred but not required. Throughout the year PMs have the opportunity to work across the Techstars network, support cross-collaborative projects, focus on professional development and career growth, and work with colleagues from all around the world.
You will be both internally focused working in support of founders in-program and externally focused on behalf of our founders to the broader community of alumni, investors, and mentors. You will provide oversight of the Techstars application process and the management of the program. You’ll maintain strong bonds with the startups you bring into the program, acting as a resource and looking out for relevant opportunities to support their success.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the team to develop the program plan and own the overall responsibility for the successful execution of both accelerator programs, including end of program celebrations and Demo Day
- Ensure the program is following best practices and executing upon outlined content and curriculum of the Techstars playbook
- Deliver the best possible accelerator experience to founders, mentors, partners, investors and other stakeholders
- Manage the logistics for the program calendar, mentor schedules, investor meetups, demo day and ensure the founders, mentors, speakers, partners, and investors are fully informed about all program facing activities
- Manage the logistics of the application, screening, and onboarding process
- Implement network events/programs to support founders and alumni both during program and outside of program
- Support relationship management with the Accelerator Corporate Partner (if applicable) and Techstars’ Global Network Partners
- Recruit, hire and manage the seasonal Associate team
- Develop relationships with entrepreneurial support organizations, the Techstars perk network, and the cross Techstars network that can support our founders
- Share new best practices with the Techstars’ team globally as you identify areas for innovation and improvement
- Represent Techstars in the local community and ecosystem
- As time permits, and as experience grows, source and evaluate potential investments related to the program themes, including market research, competitive analysis, investment memo development.
- Support the development of a strong pipeline of startups with diverse and underrepresented founders
What you bring to the role:
- A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset, and an insatiable desire to always be learning
- 5+ years of experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on event planning, business operations, and/or project management
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Extraordinary ability for self-learning and learning by doing, with a demonstrated ability of learning from available documentation and quickly applying it with little direction
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Comfortable working in ambiguity but with high expectations
- Can anticipate the needs and requests of multiple stakeholders
- Systems thinker with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs
- Advanced skills with Excel or Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides is a plus
- Experience working with "No Code" and automation tools like Airtable, Zapier, etc., is a plus
- Experience working in/with early stage companies or other roles that demonstrate experience in above responsibilities
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Strong emotional intelligence, active listening skills, and high level of empathy
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications.
Compensation range: $75,000 - $90,000 + 10% bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $79 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following: