Location: Colorado, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York - hybrid
Techstars is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team. This position reports to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis and will also support the Senior Financial Analyst.
Our ideal candidate has financial analysis and modeling skills as well as an interest in becoming an expert in the end to end finances of our business. This role is a great opportunity for someone to join a fast growing global organization and make an immediate impact.
This individual will support the management team that supports and runs our Accelerator product. The role will require she/he to work with the product team to establish budgets for the accelerators programs, evaluate profitability, provide on-going reporting and analysis of the programs expenses and profitability and help management assess opportunities and risks to help manage that part of that business. We are looking for someone who is highly accountable, both detail-oriented and able to understand the big picture, proactive, skilled at stakeholder management, and eager to be part of a scaling and growing business.
About the role:
- Prepare, review, analyze, and distribute monthly financial reports for our Accelerator department
- Manage and partner with the the General Managers and Managing Directors (MD) to operationalize the budget & forecast
- Lead monthly variance analysis. Raise awareness around key risks and opportunities
- Own and maintain KPI’s around the business such as program and portfolio company counts
- Create processes and work with stakeholders on confirming MD program performance hurdles
- Identify business, reporting and system improvements to improve operational efficiencies and quality
- Identify opportunities, answer questions and solve business problems
- Collaborate with the greater Finance & Accounting team on reporting including month-end accruals, reclasses, variances, ad-hoc projects, etc.
- Develop and maintain ad-hoc reports and financial models
- Experience with building models in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to work with large data sets and synthesize a story
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects timely & accurately
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics strongly preferred
- Minimum of 0-3 years of relevant experience
Compensation: $60,000 - $80,000 + 10% bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $97.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
Something looks off?