Program Coordinator - Techstars Los Angeles Accelerators
As a Program Coordinator, you will work with the next amazing batch of startups as they grow from early-stage to venture-backed companies. You will have the opportunity to support companies throughout our 13-week accelerator programs while working alongside the Techstars Los Angeles team and many of our program partners. You will work directly with the founders and support the overall execution of the accelerator. From entrepreneurs to investors to mentors, this opportunity is a great way to expand your network
We are a small team, energized by working with companies that are creating meaningful change in the startup ecosystem and passionate about leading with diversity, equity and inclusion at the forefront of our investment thesis. We find profound purpose in the work we do, and we are looking for a team member who aligns well with this mission, is a culture contributor, excels in operations (the backbone of our program), and gets things done!
General Job Description
The Program Coordinator role is responsible for administrative duties including support for operational execution throughout the duration of the Techstars Los Angeles Accelerator programs. Logistics experience as well as familiarity with the early stage venture backed company ecosystem is preferred. A willingness to learn, comfort tackling new problems, and ability to execute is a must. You’ll need to be flexible and willing and able to pitch in with whatever unforeseen needs the program team and founders may have.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the organization and execution of the program (i.e. with Mentor Office Hours and Demo Day)
- Event planning (for virtual and in-person events) which includes coordination and support the execution of demo day
- Engage with Techstars founders and plan activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
- Support with calendar management for mentors, partners, founders and general programming
- Utilizing tools and developing processes to manage program data (i.e. through Asana, Airtable, Notion, Hubspot, Slack, Zapier, and Salesforce).
- Follow best practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
- Develop scalable processes for the accelerator team to optimize remote founder work and activities
- Deliver the best possible accelerator experience to founders, mentors, partners, investors and other stakeholders as measured by NPS and company performance
- Represent Techstars in the local community and ecosystem
What you bring to the table:
- Initiative - Proactively create and/or follow through on new ideas and strategies;
- Attention to Detail - Accomplish a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, no matter how small or time-consuming;
- Technical Skills - Skilled at building efficient operational systems, and always interested in finding innovative hacks to improve processes. Tools our team currently uses include Notion, Airtable, Hubspot, Asana, Zapier, Salesforce, Slack etc.
- Written Communication - Excellent written communication skills and ability to accurately convey background and interests of funders, ideally associating their interests with Techstars’ organizational need and priorities;
- Interpersonal Skills - A high level of professionalism and ability to connect with others to build positive relationships and be a true team player while maintaining our “Founder First” mentality;
- Multitasking - Move seamlessly between any number of prioritized tasks and functions while effectively managing time;
- Forward Thinking - Anticipate the implications and after effects of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible outcomes
- Ability to work in-person out of the Los Angeles office M-F when program is running (Mar-Jun, Sep-Dec)
- 1+ years experience in fast-paced project or program management focused position
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- Experience in event planning and event logistics
- Strong proficiency in online productivity and data management tools and applications
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities, proactive, and able to jump in without being asked and a “no task is too small or too big” attitude
- Ability to effectively multitask, prioritize, organize and collaborate, especially on multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to manage high stress situations and improvise when problems arise, finding swift and effective solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A natural self-starter and problem solver
- Proficiency working with “no code” and automation tools like Airtable, Notion, Zapier, Hubspot and other project management tools strongly preferred
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances in rapidly changing environments
- Strong emotional intelligence, active listening skills, and high level of empathy
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications
Compensation range: $45,000 - $55,000 + 10% bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $97.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
Something looks off?