Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
The TeamSnap Business Development Representative is an entry level sales role that will be responsible for generating quality, interested leads for the TeamSnap Sales Team to further vet and convert to new customers.
If you have a knack for selling, a strong work ethic, and you put "The Team" in team player, TeamSnap may be the place for you!
We are only hiring in the Greater Boston area for this role.
What Makes This Different From Other Sales Opportunities?
- You’ll be equipped with the latest tools such as Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, and Drift
- You’re not in a churn and burn environment. We’ll support you with training and continuous coaching to be successful
- You’ll report to our BDR Manager who was a former athlete and is very passionate about sports. You'll also work with a strong team who is committed to supporting your success
- We aim to have Business Development Representatives grow into a more senior sales role in 9-12 months after proven success
What You'll Do
- Run an already well defined step-by-step qualification process
- Provide a high level solution overview via phone
- Schedule meetings between prospects and our Outbound Sales Reps
- Sell our TeamSnap Clubs & Leagues product
- Research leads from the TeamSnap database, qualifying them and assigning them to the proper sales person
- Discover new leads through internet research
- Engage with prospects via phone and direct email campaigns
What Will Set You Up For Success
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, through email, and via telephone with excellent written and spoken English
- Proficiency with SalesForce or other CRMs, Google Suite, and internet tools and research is preferred but not required
- Proficiency with social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+)
- Energy and desire to make 60+ phone calls daily all while maintaining high motivation and a great attitude
- ‘Hunter’ mentality in seeking out new business
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Motivated - You get excited about meeting, if not exceeding, business sales goals
- Strong Business Acumen - You understand sales performance analytics and how to interpret results
- Resilient - You don’t get upset easily with the word “no”
- Resourceful - You’re not afraid to take initiative but also ask for guidance when needed
- Customer Focused - You have compassion and care for the customer experience
- Collaborative - You believe in “we” before “I” and love to celebrate wins together
- 1 year cold calling experience including: Individual contributor experience in new business development and/or SaaS software or sports industry experience
- Ability to travel occasionally, including but not limited to our annual company meeting, periodic sales team meetings throughout the year, potential trade shows, and potential client visits
- Experience in an ever changing and evolving sales organization
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
This is an entry-level role with a base salary of $48,000 and an OTE of $60,000.
TeamSnap has always been remote-first, however, this person must sit in the Greater Boston area.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota and West Virginia and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap SWAG to our store upon starting and a $50 credit on every work anniversary thereafter
• A monthly stipend reimbursement for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap, and we hold ourselves accountable for building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.