Senior Software Engineer (BE/Fullstack)
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
TeamSnap is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (FullStack / Backend) interested in working across the stack to join our fully distributed engineering team to help us continue our impressive growth from 2+ million daily active users to beyond! Our stack includes Node, Elixir, Ruby/Rails and SQL along with Typescript, React.
As an engineering team, we architect and build scalable systems using a service-oriented and event-driven architecture that serve millions of daily users and some of the largest youth and amateur sports organizations in the world. Our team values collaboration in a remote culture, so we regularly participate in pair sessions and virtual team swarms to stay connected and improve the team and company.
What You'll Do:
- Develop engaging experiences for our millions of users across our mobile and web applications.
- Design and implement scalable apps and services, integrating these into an evolving unified product and system architecture.
- Brainstorm and evaluate new product features in collaboration with the product and UX team.
- Collaborate and pair with other developers to develop solutions and teach technical skills.
- Contribute to our development standards within the team and across engineering to ensure code quality, adherence to standards, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Champion and implement automated testing practices to uphold the dependability and stability of backend systems, while also taking ownership of the overall reliability of the team's services.
- Actively engage in on-call responsibilities and contribute to incident management efforts.
- Evaluate and test new technologies to help TeamSnap move faster or serve our users more effectively.
- Help teammates overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, leading large projects on high-scale, distributed software systems as a software engineer
- Experience with direct usage of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL / GCP Cloud SQL along with migrations, profiling, and optimization of such databases.
- Hands-on experience developing APIs, services for mobile applications and web clients at scale.
- Successfully delivered complex projects including debugging problems that may span a number of systems.
- Experience working with and architecting APIs, event streams, webhooks, etc.
- Experience working within and towards a distributed system.
- Extra points if you’ve built services for handling payments, registration sign-ups, or communications.
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $118,000, inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota and West Virginia and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap SWAG to our store upon starting and a $50 credit on every work anniversary thereafter
• A monthly stipend reimbursement for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap, and we hold ourselves accountable for building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.