Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
TeamSnap is seeking a Principal Engineer who will report directly to the Sr Principal Architect to help define, lead and drive our technological evolution. As a technology leader, you’ll shape our engineering culture in a positive direction with transparency and collaboration, by mentoring, leading and pairing with teams to evolve their practices and technical vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute on the establishment of reference architecture and domain models
- Influence evolution of developer tooling and experience
- Help drive the definition of emerging technical and architectural strategies
- Supporting execution of critical projects via joining scrum teams as an additive team member, ensuring the continuity of deliverables beyond scrum team interaction
- Ensure strong documentation of all system/enterprise architecture as well as ancillary collateral such as sequence diagrams, eventing, orchestration layers, and interoperability
- Define and own core KPIs to track the maintainability and effectiveness of our architecture and technology
- Encourage innovation, creative thought, and new ideas / solutions
- Work with department leaders to identify, shape, and capture strategic technical work
- Being a strong partner and go-to person for all engineering teams
- Contributing to engineering-wide goals, priorities, and improvements.
- Consistently and systemically rallying, inspiring, and empowering all teams to do their best work ever!
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- Experience leading and driving engineering department wide change during an evolutionary period of rapid growth and change while serving as a role model for an inclusive engineering culture
- Experience supporting both product and platform engineering teams as well as familiarity with our tech stack (Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Datadog, Ruby, Elixir, Typescript, Golang)
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Deep experience in at least one of the following: frontend web architecture, mobile development platforms, serverless and serverfull hybrid cloud architectures, industry leading developer experience automation and tooling
- You’re comfortable working with non-technical senior leaders and can convey complex technical topics to them in an approachable manner inviting collaborative discussion, while also sweating and diving into the details whenever necessary - getting your hands dirty and diving into code with any engineers across our department.
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $200,000, inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota and West Virginia and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap SWAG to our store upon starting and a $50 credit on every work anniversary thereafter
• A monthly stipend for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap and this includes four employee resource groups: Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and the Talent Acquisition Task Force, designed to reduce unconscious biases in our hiring practices. We hold ourselves accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.