Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
TeamSnap is looking for a people-centric Engineering Manager to lead our Central Services and Data Engineering teams, within our Platform group. Our Central Services team builds the core services and APIs used by all engineers in TeamSnap to build the products that engage our 25M users. Reliability, simplicity and a high bar for quality and excellence are core to our team. Data Engineering, in partnership with the Data Analyst team, is tasked with maintaining and evolving our data platform.
You’ll partner closely with product managers, designers, quality assurance, customer support and other stakeholders to build trust and ensure alignment on organizational decisions and plans. Ultimately you’ll help shape our engineering culture in a positive direction with excellence, transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and growth as the core.
What You'll Do:
- Day-to-day management and leadership of engineers with varied backgrounds in terms of skills and experience levels, including 1:1 coaching/mentoring, career planning & development, goal setting, and performance management.
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects. This includes facilitating agile ceremonies and reporting progress broadly.
- Implement and optimize a product development lifecycle including architecture, design, development and delivery.
- Drive quality testing, operational practices, and playbooks for owned scope areas while also contributing to engineering-wide goals, priorities, and improvements.
- Rally the team to feel fired up and inspired! You’ll empower the team to succeed with code, tooling, processes, information, and help from others. You’ll also consistently and systemically help teammates do their best work.
- Contributing to engineering-wide goals, priorities, and improvements.
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- Experience managing software engineers of all levels while serving as a role model for an inclusive engineering culture
- A passion for Engineering Excellence
- Familiarity with our tech stack (GCP, Kubernetes, Go, Ruby, Elixir, or Typescript) is a plus.
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Experience building & delivering Platform level services.
- Experience working with distributed services.
- Enjoyment of tiramisu or kraken analogies.
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $155,000, inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota and West Virginia and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap SWAG to our store upon starting and a $50 credit on every work anniversary thereafter
• A monthly stipend for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap and this includes four employee resource groups: Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and the Talent Acquisition Task Force, designed to reduce unconscious biases in our hiring practices. We hold ourselves accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.