Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work" and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work."
TeamSnap is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack / Front-End) interested in working across the stack to join our fully distributed engineering team, helping us continue our impressive growth from 23 million customers to beyond! Our stack includes Typescript, React along with Ruby/Rails, Elixir, and SQL.
What You'll Do:
- Develop engaging experiences for our millions of users across our mobile and web applications.
- Design and implement scalable apps and services, integrating these into an evolving unified product and system architecture.
- Brainstorm and evaluate new product features in collaboration with the product and UX team.
- Collaborate and pair with other developers to develop solutions and teach technical skills.
- Contribute to our development standards within the team and across engineering.
- Evaluate and test new technologies to help TeamSnap move faster or serve our users more effectively.
- Help teammates overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and enable productivity within the team to complete sprint commitments.
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- 5+ years of full stack development in any two programming languages, or one of our core languages: Go, Ruby, Elixir, js/TypeScript (Node) utilizing React + Apollo, GraphQL and Redux.
- An affinity towards automated testing (TDD, BDD, or whatever *DD methodology you prefer)
- Experience developing event-driven serverless functions (GCP Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda, Azure Functions).
- Experience with direct usage of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL / GCP Cloud SQL along with migrations, profiling, and optimization of such databases.
- Hands-on experience developing APIs, services for mobile applications and web clients at scale.
- Ability to debug and fix complex problems that may span a number of systems.
- Experience working within and towards a distributed system.
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $120,000, inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, and South Dakota, and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We're proud to be remote-first. We've been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap SWAG to our store upon starting and a $50 credit on every work anniversary thereafter
• A monthly stipend for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you're not a culture fit, you're a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we're inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can't thrive when we're cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there's always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap and this includes four employee resource groups: Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and the Talent Acquisition Task Force, designed to reduce unconscious biases in our hiring practices. We hold ourselves accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
See more open positions at TeamSnap
Something looks off?