Contract Negotiator and Legal Operations Specialist
About the Team:
At the heart of our organization's commitment to trust and compliance lies our Legal & Trust Team, a dynamic and cross-functional group of experts dedicated to safeguarding our company's values and ensuring our continued growth. As a multifaceted team, we bring together diverse skills and knowledge, allowing us to deliver pragmatic and innovative solutions tailored to the unique needs of our organization. We don't just offer legal counsel; we offer strategic insights that help chart the course for our company's future, including collaborating seamlessly across departments and serving as a key pillar of support for the entire organization.
About the Job:
As a Contract Negotiator and Legal Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for a wide range of duties and responsibilities related to contract negotiation, legal operations, and support for various legal functions. Your role will involve working closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to drive efficient and compliant contract negotiations and management, while also providing support for legal initiatives and operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct procurement negotiations to secure favorable terms and conditions for supplier contracts.
- Assist in contract drafting and negotiations, including overflow and backup support for sales contracts.
- Update or terminate existing contracts as needed to align with business objectives.
- Act as a resident expert on data processing addendums and contractual legal requirements.
- Manage contract templates to streamline the contract creation process.
- Manage organizational compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Assist in the management of legal process documentation, including department training materials.
- Assist with new and existing legal department tools and technology solutions, such as contract management, compliance management, and knowledge management software.
- Assist in compiling department analytics and reporting on key metrics.
- Support the management of trademark and patent work.
Other Legal & Privacy Task Requests:
- Assist with ad hoc legal requests across various legal functions.
- Serve as a project manager for department initiatives, liaising between Legal and other functional areas to ensure accurate implementation of requirements.
- Provide support for corporate governance, M&A transactions, litigation, and HR legal matters.
- Oversee data rights requests management to ensure timely and responsible handling.
- Support internal and third-party audits, including coordination with external auditors and business teams.
- Manage subpoena requests and assist with ad hoc privacy requests.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- A high level of objective intelligence, critical thinking, and common sense
- Have proven ability to work effectively across a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Ability to influence decision makers across levels and functions
- Can perform well under pressure and with tight time commitments
- Natural curiosity, a desire to learn and a love for new challenge
- A positive attitude and the ability to inspire the same in your team
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to make sound recommendations
- Proven contract management experience
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and evaluate contract terms and make recommendations and decisions on complicated contracts
- Results-oriented with a focus on efficiency, accuracy and quality
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- 3+ years of intensive experience with contracts negotiations
- Experience with contract management tools
- Demonstrated experience working on different types of contracts
- Industry experience preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners
- Superior reading, writing and language skills
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills to ensure that work-related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to work productively independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language and the contract lifecycle
- Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office
- Experience with privacy and data security is strongly preferred
- Experience with legal operations or equivalent type work strongly preferred
This position reports to: Senior, Director of Legal Operations and Contracts
Location: Boulder, CO
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Diego, San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $95,000-$125,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.