About the Team
We are a small and extremely hard working team that understands the importance of selling, but knows when to pump the breaks. We hold our relationships with buyers second to none and pride ourselves on our ability to keep our clients happy. We collaborate. We sell. We close. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn and listen.
About the Role
Sovrn’s Publisher Development team is obsessed with helping our clients succeed. As part of this global team of sellers and relationship managers, the Account Executive will bring a proactive planning and strategic approach to selling new accounts and cultivating growth with existing accounts in the US supply market. In this role, you will be responsible for creating lasting partnerships with strategic partners which include direct publishers and inventory partners.
Success in this role requires strategic thinking, ingenuity, and innovation to develop commercial and partnership strategies that will win in a competitive market. This is a highly influential role combining strategic planning, business development, internal communications, and cross-functional initiatives. Reporting directly to the Manager, Publisher Development, this role will focus on all aspects of the development and execution of publisher growth.
What you’ll be doing:
This position will work closely with the Supply/Demand teams, GTM teams in the US & UK, Sales Engineers and Marketing. The primary responsibility of this role is to identify strategic supply partnership opportunities and establish direct relationships (i.e. via a direct supply connection to Sovrn’s exchange).
A successful candidate will understand the nuances of omni-channel formats such as video, desktop, CTV, and inApp buying/selling, programmatic and managed services executions.
As an Account Executive you will be responsible for revenue generation from new publisher accounts (across formats and product lines). Some of your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Create, implement and own a sales pipeline for the territory
- Communicate regular updates around your sales targets and client relationships.
- Establish and build on strong relationships with highly-matrixed client organizations through the complete sales cycle
- Determine client needs and ensure proper contract execution for new publisher integrations.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills as well as outstanding people skills.
- Developing custom client solutions utilizing Sovrn’s entire suite of products (media, commerce, and data)
- Leverage your manager and account team to evaluate strategic opportunities, review potential strategies, collaborate and deliver world-class, impactful solutions
- Managing activity using salesforce and excel is a plus
You are highly motivated by achieving personal and professional goals and are committed to continuous learning and development. You're scrappy, driven to succeed and determined to find a way to "get things done" to move opportunities through a pipeline. You are known for your ability to overcome obstacles and achieve results, often using creative solutions and a strong work ethic. You recognize and act on opportunities to be proactive when supporting clients. Above all, you thrive on being part of a high performing team and unselfishly share knowledge with your colleagues in order to help the team and each individual continuously improve and deliver optimal results.
A successful candidate should have:
- 3-5 years of digital (programmatic) ad sales experience with demonstrated record of success
- High emotional intelligence and ability to nurture, mentor and be focused on solving important problems for our customers.
- Replace complexity with simplicity in written and verbal communications
- Ability to distill key learnings to relevant internal team members in an ever-evolving marketplace and product portfolio
- An experienced sales hunter who can leverage their existing contacts with publishers to build a large book of business
- High level of integrity, excellent presentation, organizational & communication skills
- A proven track record delivering on and exceeding revenue goals from multiple accounts
- Knowledge of programmatic buying and selling
- Collaborative, team player
- Must thrive in a busy environment and has the organizational skills needed to build and manage a large and varied account list
Nice to haves:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in relevant discipline; post-graduate degree a plus
Location: New York City or Boulder, CO
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Sovrn provides products and services to thousands of online publishers to help them understand, operate and grow their business. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in New York, San Diego and London.
With thousands of customers deploying advertising, affiliate marketing, and data products across 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches over 300 million active consumers across more than 11 billion pageviews every day. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don't.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $125,000 to $175,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.