Senior Security Vulnerability Engineer
About the Role
As a Senior Security Vulnerability Engineer, you will be responsible for conducting vulnerability assessments and managing remediation efforts to protect our company's digital assets. You will work closely with other security professionals and Sovrn team members to identify, prioritize, and mitigate security risks across the organization. This is a full-time position that may require occasional evening and weekend work. The Senior Security Vulnerability Engineer will work primarily in an office environment but may be required to work remotely on occasion.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and drive penetration testing on company systems, applications, and networks.
- Develop and maintain vulnerability management processes to ensure timely identification and resolution of vulnerabilities.
- Work closely with developers and system administrators to ensure timely and effective remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide security guidance and recommendations to development teams and stakeholders to ensure secure coding practices.
- Develop and maintain security metrics to measure the effectiveness of vulnerability management processes.
- Monitor and analyze security alerts and events to identify potential security incidents.
- Participate in incident response efforts and provide technical guidance during security incidents.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging security threats and vulnerabilities and make recommendations for mitigating them.
- Participate in the development of security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Drive automations to maximize team efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in security vulnerability management or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of vulnerability assessment tools and methodologies.
- Experience with network and application security testing.
- Familiarity with security standards such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, or ISO 27001.
- Experience with NIST.
- Experience with incident response and forensic analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CEH, or OSCP are a plus.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Position Reports to: Sr Director, Head of Security
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $130,000 to $145,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?