Director of Communications
Marketing & Communications
Thornton, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Position Overview:Solid Power is seeking a Director of Communications to join our talented team working to revolutionize the battery industry through the development of next‐generation, all solid‐state rechargeable batteries. The Director of Communications will lead Solid Power's external and internal communications by establishing the tone for all brand messaging, content, company engagement and communication channels. Job Duties:
- Act as a strategic partner to senior leaders to establish communication objectives and corresponding action plans.
- Responsible for Solid Power’s multi-media, print, digital, and social media communications channels, work with internal teams to develop engaging content, develop strategy for when to communicate internally and externally, and coordinate with internal teams on what to post and when.
- Collaborate with senior management to enhance investor relations communications.
- Utilize communications channels to enhance Solid Power’s brand in ways that reflect our strong culture.
- Ensure consistent and timely information is provided to employees through various communications channels.
- Support finance and legal department in the preparation of Solid Power’s SEC filings.
- Develop content for Solid Power’s websites to meet existing and future business needs and create platforms that enable stakeholders to effectively connect and collaborate.
- Develop, implement, and adhere to communications budget.
- Develop, compose and implement policies to enhance the efficiency of the communications department.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- 7-10 years’ experience at a public company in corporate communications, public relations or
- Excellent oral, written, and inter-personal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects with overlapping timelines
- Superior ability to write for a variety of audiences including current and potential employees, investors, customers, and general public .
- Superior ability to write in a story-telling, engaging, and end-user friendly style
- Strong initiative with passion for owning all levels of work in the department
- Ability to work independently as well as coordinate efforts of various teams to present a coherent message
- Strong problem solving, decision making and project management skills
- Ability to lead and manage communications that are applicable to global audiences and cultures
- Superior technical skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders across the organization