Senior Attorney, Intellectual Property and Tech Transactions
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Position overview:Solid Power is seeking a Senior Attorney, Intellectual Property and Tech Transactions to join our talented team to revolutionize the battery industry through the development of next generation, all solid-state rechargeable batteries. Solid Power is a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.As a key member of the legal team, this newly created position will report to our Chief Legal Officer and provide advice and leadership on a wide range of legal issues to support our business and long-term growth strategy. Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a global IP legal strategy that is aligned with Solid Power’s business priorities.
- Draft, review, and negotiate technology transaction agreements, such as IP licenses, joint development, material transfer, strategic supply, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Assist technology teams in preparing and prosecuting patent applications, handling patent portfolio analyses, and third-party IP risk assessments.
- Provide continuous improvement of forms, policies, and processes to help streamline, simplify, and automate relevant contracting processes.
- Develop and mature IP policies, programs, and guidelines that meet best practices.
- Conduct legal due diligence for technology-related transactions.
- Provide strategic counsel to executive management regarding the competitive IP landscape for current and future business plans, and substantive issues of IP law, strategy, and enforcement.
- Create and deliver IP training to teams to promote awareness of issues.
- Work with and supervise outside counsel on various legal matters as appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally within Solid Power to support the foregoing.
- A juris doctor degree from a national law school, excellent academic credentials, and admission (or eligibility) to the Colorado bar. Undergraduate degree in a technical field strongly preferred.
- Three plus years practicing technology transactions and IP law, preferably with in-house experience. Understanding of international IP issues preferred.
- A hard-working, proactive self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and complex professional environment.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- An acute attention to detail while being able to drive overall Company IP strategy.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write and present in a manner appropriate for executive- and director-level communications.
- Sound judgment and always act with the highest ethical standards, respect for confidentiality, and a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and with limited supervision and to manage, prioritize, and successfully complete multiple, time-sensitive projects.
- Fluent with software and technology and have a strong working experience with MS Office applications (i.e., Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).