Program Manager II/Sr. (Solid Electrolyte)
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Position Overview:Solid Power is seeking a Program Manager II or Sr. Program Manager to join our talented team working to revolutionize the battery industry through the development of next generation, all solid-state rechargeable batteries. Solid Power is a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative team environment. The program manager will act as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing development, test, quality and marketing of powder products, driving the phase-gate product development cycle from conception to launch. This is a critical position that will be essential to making Solid Power’s partnerships and product development a success. Job Duties:
- Lead a cross-functional team through the overall APQP development phases - from inception to production - of Solid Power powder production.
- Conduct phase gate reviews and ensure program milestones are achieved.
- Manage and organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of both internal and external projects to support deliverable timelines on schedule and within budget.
- Manage external collaborator and/or vendor relationships critical to achieving program objectives.
- Regularly interact across functional areas with senior management to ensure program objectives are met.
- Review product documentation and collateral to assure alignment between internal development and external messaging/strategy.
- Initiate and foster relationships with other groups.
- Demonstrated cross functional team leadership and consensus building skills.
- Proven ability to lead and influence thinking/gain acceptance of others at all levels of an organization and in sensitive situations.
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management.
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical discipline.
- Master’s Degree or higher in a technical discipline or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years’ experience in Program Management role with product development or manufacturing focus. The position will be filled as Program Manager II or Sr. Program Manager depending on the candidate’s relevant experience and background.
- Battery material product development experience is highly desirable.
- Pilot plant scale-up or capital expansion experience is highly desirable.
- Automotive industry experience (OEM/tier 1) with thorough APQP knowledge preferred.