Facilities Maintenance Technician
Software Engineering, Operations
Louisville, CO, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Position Overview:Solid Power is seeking a Facility Maintenance Technician. Ownership of equipment and facility maintenance, repair, and on‐the‐spot troubleshooting support will be the primary focus of daily activities. This role is a key position on a growing team that supports the success of internal functional groups including powder electrolyte production, QC and R&D laboratory, warehouse, and office areas. Job Duties:
- Assist or lead in the installation, operation, and maintenance of new and existing facilities, support equipment and physical plant assets and infrastructure.
- Coordinate preventive and repair maintenance with Solid Power staff and contractors.
- Maintain end‐to‐end lifecycle documentation for inventory of equipment/assets.
- Contribute toward the development of new procedures and improved general practices.
- Communicate results of work through effective data collection and management, documentation in company CMMS, and presentations to supervisors.
- Routinely handle or work around hazardous materials; maintain current HAZWOPER and other relevant training.
- Contribute to energy management programs and objectives covering electrical, natural gas, HVAC, compressed air, and cryogenic inert gas site utilities.
- General maintenance/repair/troubleshooting experience with utility and infrastructure support equipment such as pumps, compressors, chillers, inert gas distribution, HVAC, plumbing, electrical distribution/implementation, etc.
- Associate degree preferred (or equivalent trade or craftwork experience) in a technical discipline and/or 5+ years of facility maintenance experience preferably in a lab, technology or manufacturing.
- Knowledge of industry safety and reliability.
- Hazmat training and experience in hazardous area electrical installation standards preferred.
- Familiarity with electrical safety precautions including arch flash.
- Structured problem‐solving and analytical skills.
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast‐paced environment.
- Ability to work and complete assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Forklift operator certification desired.
- Familiarity with facilities and infrastructure data monitoring and interpretation (i.e. Inert gas usage, BMS, natural gas/electricity utility loads).
- The candidate must be responsible and self‐motivated, with a history of stable employment and performance.
- Availability to work occasional weekends.
- Required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment in mandatory areas as it pertains to job function.
- Ability to work at heights up to 20 feet.