Cell Test Technician
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2023
Position Overview:Solid Power is seeking a Cell Test Technician to join our talented team working to revolutionize the battery industry through the development of next-generation, all solid-state rechargeable batteries. Solid Power is a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative team environment. This position will work closely with the other technicians and engineers to help assemble, fabricate, inspect, and test EV battery cells and cell testing infrastructure. Job Duties:
- Support various engineering projects related to the fabrication, assembly, and testing of battery cell fixtures and testing infrastructure.
- Prepare cell fixture assemblies for abuse, cycle life, and other testing requirements.
- Fabricate new cell fixture designs, assemble racking infrastructure, and create electrical wire harnesses to help support testing scale up.
- Operate, clean, and maintain cell production equipment.
- Follow and update standard operating procedures for Solid Power’s production and testing equipment. Assist in drafting or editing work Instructions during process development.
- Maintain testing equipment, workspace, dry room, and testing areas in proper working conditions following 5S protocol.
- Use the company’s document and change control system to properly archive technical documentation.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the processes and final products.
- Work closely, collaboratively, and effectively with other departments and team members.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in a lab or manufacturing environment.
- Safety first mindset in lab and workshop settings.
- Preference for candidates with machining experience, electrical wire assembly, and/or battery testing experience.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings, diagrams, schematics, and manuals.
- Ability to work with standard laboratory test equipment, other measurement equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- The candidate must be responsible and self-motivated, with a history of stable employment and performance.
- The candidate will regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.