Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Accounts Payable Specialist S5
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support Accounts Payable Global Delivery. This person will be responsible for processing invoices, Travel & Expense Processing / Audit, handling queries & Month End Closing. Ability to adhere to agreed SLA’s, analyse invoice issues and interpret problems & probable solutions is a prerequisite of this role. This position is based out of our Bangalore, India office and will report to the Accounts Payable Manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive continuous improvement
- Meet agreed Service Level Agreement
- Perform rigorous follow up for exception resolution and ensure higher first pass yield
- Review and approve Travel & Expense reports in accordance with company policy
- Ensure effective and timely response to stakeholder enquiries
- Highlight deviation and suggest process improvement
- Perform month end activities related to Accounts Payable and ensure timely completion
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Commerce.
- 8+ years experience working in a finance function preferably at a fast growing Technology company. Experience in a Shared Service Center environment is a plus
- Deep understanding of the global Procure to Pay process, including experience with implementing new programs and processes. Able to think analytically. Good experience in extracting data and analyzing it. Exposure to latest tools and technologies in AP/P2P (ERPs, Workflows, Invoice Exchange/OCR, Settlement Platforms)
- Solid organizational skills, time management and detail-oriented. Able to work effectively within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Stellar customer service skills and strong verbal and written communication skills. Support the team as the process SME to develop the staff process knowledge and provide guidance when working through complex cases
- Experience and in-depth understanding of P2 in Oracle ERP Cloud/Fusion preferred Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Google Suite required
- Drive continuous improvement by supporting management initiatives, system enhancements, new system implementations, and developing and documenting new processes
- Experience in Oracle Fusion / SAP / JDE
- Strong excel skills
- Data Visualisation Skills
This role will be based in our Bangalore office. Approximately 1% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.