Software Engineer - Flex
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer (Mobile Developer) - Twilio Flex.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to help Twilio develop and deliver a new mobile application in the Twilio Flex platform. You will be a member of a Scrumban team who design, implement, own and operate Twilio's new mobile application. You will have the opportunity to influence roadmap priorities, propose innovative solutions that will enable Twilio to achieve its goal of being the world’s most trusted customer engagement platform.
Our tech stack consists of React Native, React.js, Typescript, GraphQL, Redux, Appium, Jest and a powerful Twilio microservices ecosystem powered by Java.
In this role, you’ll:
- Architect and implement solutions within our React Native mobile application, ensuring they provide a seamless and delightful experience to our users.
- Collaborate with other teams to make architectural decisions that impact the client lifecycle, ensuring scalability and robustness.
- Work with the Product Management on defining the requirements.
- Contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements, and updates.
- Own your code, respond to incidents and participate in on-call rotation.
- Write automated unit and E2E tests.
- Manage your work through the use of Github and Jira.
- Actively participate in Design, Code review, Backlog refinement, Agile ceremonies and work with team members to meet team’s sprint commitments.
- Rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, highly disruptive industry environment.
- Help junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related industry experience.
- 4+ years of experience with building mobile applications.
- Proficiency in Typescript. Expertise or willingness to learn React Native.
- Have a robust understanding of software design principles and how to write clean code. You know how to organize code across the stack and have strong opinions on code structure.
- Experience with REST and GraphQL for client-server communications.
- Hands-on experience of test automation frameworks such as Appium or Detox, and unit test frameworks like Jest.
- Experience implementing modern automated testing and CI/CD pipelines.
- Champion of good engineering habits: development and test techniques, security, automation.
- Strong Soft Skills: be prepared to frequently propose and discuss ideas and implementation with your teammates, as well as involving other stakeholders in Twilio - we’re one single team, no one flies solo!
- Curious mindset - no-one knows all the answers, but you should be able to find them and grow with us.
- Familiarly with native languages for mobile app development such as Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, or Java.
- Prior exposure to service-oriented architectures, microservices and REST APIs.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization across different locations and time zones.
This role will be based in our Tallinn, Estonia office or remotely in Estonia.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.