Senior Director, TPM & Analysts
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Senior Director of TPM and Analysts
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to execute on Twilio Communications R&D product strategy, release planning and product delivery. Acting as the hub in a world of spokes, you will lead teams’ collaboration and deftly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, make use of metrics to improve delivery, track and report progress, and leverage best practices to ensure predictable and timely delivery of some of our larger projects.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build, lead, manage and develop a team of world-class Technical Program Managers and Analysts
- Serve as an advisor and trusted partner to the Engineering and Product Leaders to ensure the teams are operating efficiently, have high engagement, and are delivering on key goals and commitments
- Define and implement standardized project management frameworks across the engineering and product teams
- Partner with the engineering and analytics teams to define and implement KPIs and success metrics
- Create tracking and reporting mechanisms for product initiatives
- Drive projects to successful completion by managing cross-functional / cross-team deliverables
- Manage engineering projects and process improvements. Past projects include:
- Incident Management Process
- Reliability Metrics Tracking
- COGS and saving plans
- Capacity Planning for events/holidays
- Guide teams through quarterly planning
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 15+ years experience in a technical program management role with 5+ years managing a technical program management and analyst teams
- A natural strategic problem-solver. You are comfortable with ambiguity, can quickly tease through complexity, and bring structure to chaos. You effectively identify and articulate implications up and downstream and take action as appropriate
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization from engineers to executives, and establish yourself as a trusted advisor to leadership
- Experience facilitating planning and coordination efforts across Engineering, Product and Design teams to support schedules and planning, tracking, and communicating product delivery expectations
- You have experience driving automation, implementing tools, measurement, and technology solutions to drive efficiency
- Certification in Project Management relevant discipline
- Knowledge of software and systems engineering standard methodologies for the full development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, testing, and operations
- Project Management experience plus Agile, Scrum, or Kanban
- Experience in establishing and driving the adoption of program frameworks, tools, and best practices
This role will be remote in the United States but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $218,960 - $273,700.
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $231,840 - $289.800.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.