Accounts Payable Specialist
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Accounts Payable Specialist
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to support Accounts Payable Global Delivery. This person will be responsible for processing invoices, Travel & Expense Processing / Audit, handling queries & Month End Closing. Ability to adhere to agreed SLA’s, analyze invoice issues, and interpret problems & probable solutions is a prerequisite of this role. This position is based out of our Brazil office and will report to the Accounts Payable Manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Process invoices as per agreed Service Level Agreement
- Catalyze smooth knowledge transfer and build SOP’s.
- Perform rigorous follow up for exception resolution and ensure higher first pass yield.
- Review and approve Travel & Expense reports in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure effective and timely response to stakeholder enquiries
- Highlight deviation and suggest process improvement
- Perform month end activities related to Accounts Payable and ensure timely completion
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Possess a degree in Finance, Accounting or Commerce.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish, complemented by strong proficiency in Excel.
- Fluent English is required.
- Hands-on experience in Oracle Fusion, specifically with the Accounts Payable (AP) module.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience with indirect taxes, including ICMS, PIS, COFINS, and ISS, along with expertise in handling retentions, VAT and withholding taxes in Brazil and Colombia.
- Proficient in preparing account reconciliations for banks, accounts payable, and taxes.
- Proven track record in producing and analyzing aging reports.
- Hands-on experience in registering new third-party vendors within the ERP system, as well as registering invoices.
- Serve as a facilitator in coordinating with the company's Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and tax compliance firm, including the timely remittance of vendor invoices on a weekly basis.
- Receive and address queries related to payment errors, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to understand and resolve issues effectively.
- Assume responsibility for reviewing and verifying employee reimbursement reports.
- Expertise in managing FX exchange contracts for the purpose of paying international suppliers.
- Demonstrate flexibility by providing support during any of the current timings and being open to extending shifts during Month/Quarter close
- Proficient in Source-to-Pay processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of various payment types, including boletos, invoices, and bank transfers, in both Brazil and Colombia.
- Possess Data Visualization and Analytics skills, coupled with proficiency in Automation tools such as RPA (Robotic Process Automation) and Datamining.
- Familiarity with Lean/Quality methodologies and/or Sox compliance, along with knowledge of audit processes.
- Demonstrated skill set in process improvement, coupled with a strong willingness and motivation to implement new and enhanced processes.
This role will be Remote, and based in Brazil.
Approximately 1% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.