Field Marketing Manager
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next FIeld Marketing Manager.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a results-driven marketer to join the Field Marketing team. This role will help build scalable programs and create impactful marketing campaigns that drive pipeline growth and regional awareness in North America. This role will partner closely with sales and cross-functional marketing teams to conceptualize and deliver strategic field marketing (both in-person and virtual) programs including webinars, roundtables, and custom experiences.
In this role, you’ll:
- Plan and execute strategic events (both in-person and virtual)
- Build and manage an annual calendar and system for core information (e.g., event brief, dates, location, goals, speakers) for all events
- Create content, landing pages, follow up nurtures and sales enablement for all campaigns
- Work closely with sales, growth, campaigns and demand gen to ensure stakeholder buy-in as well as visibility and timely follow ups
- Analyze & interpret event metrics on a regular basis to report on performance
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in end-to-end program ownership in B2B SaaS software field marketing and integrated campaigns
- Exceptional communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to build rapport, set expectations and drive to success
- A self-starter mentality with exceptional project management and organizational skills with an ability to prioritize independently, and delegate tasks when appropriate
- Strong campaign execution experience in driving promotion and attendance for live and virtual events
- Proven track record of building successful partnerships with sales and leadership teams
- The ability to work cross-functionally with our campaigns, outbound, ABM, and partner marketing teams to create meaningful programs in region that drive the business
- Strong project management skills and ability to use data to guide decision-making and resource allocation
- Understanding and experience working across both the marketing and sales funnel, ability to communicate how the two work together to drive success
- Ability to provide insight and recommendations to sales on what is working in top accounts, and areas to drive deeper penetration and relationship building where it is needed most
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (Marketing, Communications)
- A passion to analyze data and metrically driven
- Experience in CPaaS, CCaaS, Customer Data Platforms (CDP), or cloud communications
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Tableau (or similar)
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
Based in Colorado: $109,200 - $136,500.
Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $98,320 - $122,900.
This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.