See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Collections Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to provide direct supervision to a team of Collections specialists
As Collections Manager you will have an in-depth knowledge of all Collections processes and Order to Cash processes. You will be responsible for continuing to drive process improvements within the department to continuously improve the efficiency of cash collections, reduction of AR and improving the DSO. You will also be responsible for the day to day management of the Specialists.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with other teams, our customers within the organization to improve processes and procedures to enable accurate and timely responses to our internal customers
- Ensure the team completes Daily and monthly processes in a timely manner.
- Driving continuous improvement of efficiency and effectiveness by identifying, developing and implementing enhancements to processes and systems
- Conducting analysis to help add value through making recommendations to continuously drive performance for the Collections process
- Own the day to day management of the team of Collection Specialists to ensure work is allocated between the team. Complete 1:1’s with the team and work on the team's Performance development.
- Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and assist as queries arise.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Over 7 years’ experience in a high-volume Collections (Order to Cash) team, minimum 3 yrs. of people management role
- Overseeing collection portfolio and working on defied strategy and also work towards initiating new strategy to improve the cash collection and aging reduction
- Identify areas / accounts for reconciliation of payments as indicated on the clients’ remittance documents.
- Interface & liaise with the internal team i.e. Credit, Cash & AR Team, Account Managers and Sales / CSM Managers to troubleshoot and resolve customer account discrepancies.
- Understand the local country requirement and incorporate the same in the collection handling strategy.
- Manage KPI’s for the process, reporting and dashboard creation (monthly & quarterly) for Senior Management. Conduct one on ones with the team, act as a mentor to the team.
- Prepare a training plan and road map for team development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to team and management
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize the teams work while working on multiple projects
- Experience with Oracle Fusion and NetSuite, and other general accounting softwares preferred. An Excel wizard, and experienced in working reviewing large amounts of data and reconciliations
- Implementation of new systems
This role will be based in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Approximately 0% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.