Staff Product Manager (L4) - Development Operations & Infrastructure
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Staff Product Manager, Development Operations & Infrastructure on the Go-To-Market Business Applications team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to build world-class tools and solutions for our rapidly growing Go-To-Market teams.
The GTM Business Applications team is crucial for the success and scalability of our Go-to-Market efforts. We are the drivers of the system, process, and data improvements that unlock new possibilities across the Sales, Marketing, and Strategy organizations. The Product Manager, Development Operations & Infrastructure will work with our global stakeholders, leadership, product managers, and solution architects to set and coordinate a roadmap that operationalizes the goals of the GTM Business Application organization. You will work to enable scalable infrastructure, ensure our end to end QA and deployment processes are easy, and design a roadmap that gets our Salesforce org leveraging the latest technologies. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex, high-stakes problems, is naturally curious and always looking for ways to standardize and simplify while being inclusive of cultural or international differences.
In this role, you’ll:
- Vision & strategy: Use a deep understanding of your stakeholders and corporate landscape (business goals, big problems to solve, current state) to create and maintain your product strategy for development operations within Salesforce (scalable infrastructure, QA, deployment processes etc)
- Define a roadmap: Create and deliver a rolling 1+ year roadmap of Development Operations & Infrastructure initiatives and features that solve for business and user needs. You will balance the long term needs of our systems teams with evolving business needs. You will create a plan to get us on the latest Salesforce technologies & best practices
- Requirements: Generate and prioritize ideas with appropriate support/reasoning. Write business cases, hypothesis statements and features with input from stakeholders to clearly convey the "whys” and "whats" of business needs.
- Collaboration: Are a trusted and strong leader with a point of view to objectively drive decisions while maintaining healthy relationships. You solve problems before they result in delays or confusion. You are the voice of your customers and advocate for solutions that solve their needs
- Communication: Promote your product and upcoming features so that your key stakeholders are up-to-date and excited for improvements
- Technicals: Have a deep familiarity of the platform(s), applications, data model and analytic tools. Run reports to make data driven decisions and measure success/adoption.
- Organization & Execution: Ensure initiatives are delivered holistically and on-time. Partner with product owners, solution architects, and technical leads to ensure delivery of impactful solutions
- Delivering: Enjoy getting MVPs out the door knowing that great user experience and lovable products take ongoing investment, refinement and polish. You will be responsible for delivering features that improve the way our teams leverage Salesforce, and ensure scalable architecture.
- Measure: Own the key success metrics within Development Operations & Infrastructure and build a roadmap of projects to improve
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3-5 years of experience in a Product role within a technology company
- 3+ years experience managing roadmap and processes for a Development Operations function, specifically within Salesforce
- Ability to define a product vision that excites users and stakeholders
- Experience translating business requirements to technical teams
- Experience working with technical teams using Agile methodologies
- Ability to partner with cross-functional stakeholders with varying levels of technical acumen
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills. You can communicate sophisticated concepts, clearly and concisely
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience working with a global development team and GTM team
- Experience partnering with third-party tool vendors and collaborating on feature implementation
- Salesforce Administrator certification
This role will be remote in the US but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, nor the states of CA, CT, NY, NJ, WA, or the surrounding areas.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado. The information below is provided for candidates hired in this location only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $112,320.00 - $$140,400.00.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.