Segment Sales Development Representative
See yourself at Twilio
Segment is seeking an outbound Sales Development Representative to be a key contributor in the evaluation and execution of our go-to-market strategy opportunities for Twilio globally. This role presents an outstanding opportunity to grow your career in software sales.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their services.
As a team, we collaborate with one another daily, push each other to do the best work of our lives, and bring an unparalleled level of energy & aim to our jobs. We’re looking for people who have a growth-oriented attitude and want to grow their careers within Segment.
In this role, you’ll:
- Research and generate prospective customers to resolve how Segment can provide them value and qualify leads through outbound dials, sending personalised emails, and demonstrating social selling.
- Break into new companies and new markets, by engaging with prospects using a multi-channel, value-based approach with the goal of building relationships and driving brand awareness.
- Achieve and exceed your monthly goal for generating business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline.
- Prepare activity and forecast reports and become an expert in Salesforce, Outreach, Sales Navigator.
- Work in partnership with an Account Executive to build account strategies, territory plans, and successfully close new business opportunities.
- Receive all the vital training and insights to expertly start contacting prospects through the SDR Onboarding Program for new hires.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio.
- Hunter mentality, goal-oriented and biased to action - our quota is the floor not the ceiling
- Lean into change rather than shy away from it (things move quickly around here!)
- Look forward to variety in a normal workday (thanks to the creativity & personalisation in this role, every single day is a new adventure)
- You have navigated challenges and overcome obstacles (resilience is a core skill for becoming an extraordinary SDR)
- Adopt responsibility and are passionate about joining forces with various Account Executives (teamwork makes the dream work)
- Strong direct sales skills and a consistent track record of performance in creative, strategic outreach via personalised emails, phone calls, and videos
- 1+ year of experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience working in a software-selling environment
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English
- This role will be remote in Dublin, Ireland or based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
- Approximately 0% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.