Staff Software Engineer
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Software Engineer on Twilio’s Segment product team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to revolutionize the journey of technical users on the Segment Customer Data Platform (CDP) as they collect and activate customer data. The team uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to help the users realize the values of Segment CDP as quickly as possible through data activation tools, key strategic integrations, and partner ecosystem. This role will pioneer the development of new AI-powered customer experiences, setting the long-term technical direction and providing oversight in engineering practices.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design, review and build new AI-powered customer experiences targeted for highly technical users.
- Partner with product managers and designers to prototype AI-powered solutions to reduce the time-to-value of Segment CDP.
- Partner with the engineers at all levels inside and outside Twilio to build world-class products.
- Ensure world-class reliability, security, and cost-efficiency for all the products we build.
- Mentor and lead other engineers on the team through their day-to-day activities as well as career journey.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience building and operating AI-powered products (e.g., Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Recommendation & Ranking, etc.).
- Exposure to architectural design patterns of high-scale systems (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms, etc.) and experience navigating and understanding large-scale software architectures.
- Experience as a technical leader, mentoring and providing leadership to engineering teams.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and influence technical directions without authority across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with one or multiple areas of AI technology stack (e.g., prompt engineering, guardrails, vector databases/knowledge bases, and AI UX (Conversational), etc.).
- Experience building and fine-tuning LLMs handling production workloads.
- Experience in AI framework libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn) and AI tooling platforms.
- Experience measuring the performance of software systems within AI capabilities and tooling selection.
- Experience in MLOps and CI/CD technologies.
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $164,480 - $205,600
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.