Software Engineer Intern, Ireland
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer Intern, focusing on Software Reliability! This is a 12-week, full-time internship with Twilio.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to design and develop software or automation solutions that help Twilio deliver real-time, low latency capabilities for next-generation communications. Twilio Interns in Software Reliability Engineering are eager to learn and inspire and like to bring a focus to solving resiliency, latency and quality challenges in our virtualized cloud environment. These Engineers want to develop technical skills and industry experience while working within teams that support complex distributed systems.
As a Software Reliability Engineer Intern you will experience the following -
- Be a Software Engineer, not just an "intern"
- Ship one or more meaningful projects during your summer
- Learn from passionate engineers at Twilio who solve problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed messaging, Kubernetes orchestration and more
- Develop solutions that support the reliability of the services we ship for our customers
- Embrace challenges, learn fast and deliver great results
- Bring a willingness to learn and grow and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and flexible, ‘Remote First’, environment
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control system and agile development mentality
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. As an intern, your Software Engineering career is likely only starting, but don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- To be working towards a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, data analytics/Machine Learning or a related field
- To have a keen interest in software development with several side projects and perhaps are a part of the open source community
- To have a hungry entrepreneurial and "can do" spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies
- To have an interest in reliability and scalability of cloud-based, distributed systems and associated processes and solutions covering service monitoring, fault detection, data back-up and disaster recovery, fault analysis and/or troubleshooting
- Having knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks
- High level knowledge of a range of AWS cloud services and solutions
- Experience in data processing, analytics, business intelligence and reporting
- Experience with technologies such as Kafka, spark, python, Kubernetes, etc.
This role will be remote and based in Ireland, with regular opportunities to work and meet your team colleagues in our Dublin office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.