Enterprise Account Executive - New Business North Asia
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Account Executive - New Business, North Asia
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a New Business Account Executive to play a key role in further growing the business in North Asia. As our new New Business Account Executive, you will be responsible for prospecting, solution selling, and closing Enterprise and Mid-Market accounts across North Asia, specifically in China and Hong Kong. The New Business Sales team is a strategic component of our go-to-market strategy. Our customers are often application owners, product managers, line of business executives, CXO’s, Head’s of innovation, omni-channel and digital strategy partners at some of Asia’s and the world's largest companies.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be responsible for new customer acquisition, while being assigned a quota for net new bookings.
- Own highly analytical and consultative sales cycles to win business in competitive vendor sourcing cycles with Twilio’s messaging, user authentication & identity, voice, email and contact center solutions.
- Work with customers across assigned verticals to understand their business and technical requirements, and match them to the capabilities of Twilio’s Communications APIs and Flex digital engagement center, designing a solution for their specific use cases.
- Work with teams in Finance, Legal, Pricing, and Operations to design mutually beneficial contracts to address customer requirements, while balancing the needs of our business.
- Be passionate about what you do, think outside the box, and use world-class interpersonal and communication skills to present complex contractual, technical, and financial details to prospects in a way that builds confidence and comfort in the proposed solution.
- Balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects and deals at the same time.
- Partner cross functionally with sales, services, product, and finance to develop long range territory strategies and sales plans.
- Act as the voice of the customer to Twilio’s product and carrier relations teams.
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert in the CPaaS industry - staying up to date on key industry initiatives and new capabilities - sharing your knowledge with your customers and the wider Twilio go-to-market organization.
- Generate and maintain an accurate pipeline and forecast utilizing our CRM, Salesforce
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Demonstrated track record of selling and closing in the cloud communications platform market. Specific requirements:
- At least 10 years of combined experience in major account or strategic sales, managing or leading quantitative, highly analytical products or solutions for their customers.
- At least 10 years of experience in full cycle sales directly selling technical CPaaS, PaaS or SaaS
- Experience outbound prospecting in acquiring new Enterprise and high growth Mid-Market accounts and executing strong QBR strategy for territory penetration.
- Proven track record developing strategic relationships within the Enterprise account space, building executive relationships (C-level), driving innovation, growing new pipeline/business development, and developing strategic long-term account plans.
- Technical solutions selling experience working with real customers, listening to them, and solving problems
- Comfortable working with business and highly technical leaders, while influencing their understanding and building supportive partnerships
- Analytical account development strategy based on using data to find opportunities and prove value
- The ability to provide thorough weekly forecasting metrics and communicate them in a succinct manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to easily make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Entrepreneurial mindset with appetite to define process and build programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Mandarin)
- Proven experience in acquiring China chuhai logos or Hong Kong Enterprises
- CPaaS/Telco/PaaS/SaaS solution selling experience
- An understanding of the cloud computing/communications business model and excitement for selling to a technical audience while applying a solutions focused approach to selling.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
This role will be based remotely in Singapore
Approximately 30% travel is anticipated.
This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.