Twilio Software Engineer Intern - Colombia
See yourself at Twilio.
Twilio is hiring interns to join our development team for a fixed 3-month paid internship. Check us out, read the description below and apply now!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to design, develop, deploy and operate software solutions and help Twilio deliver real-time, low latency capabilities for next-generation communications. Twilio Interns in Software Engineering are eager to learn and inspire and like to think at scale and meet high availability goals, bringing a focus to solving resiliency, latency and quality challenges in our virtualized cloud environment. Software Engineers want to develop technical skills and industry experience while working on complex distributed systems.
Please Note: This is a 3-month (12 Week), fixed-term position.
As a Software Engineer Intern you will experience the following -
- Be a Software Engineer, not just an "intern".
- Ship many different projects during your summer.
- Engineers at Twilio solve problems in distributed computing, real-time DSP (audio processing), virtualization performance, distributed messaging, busses and more.
- During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features and services that ship to our users.
- You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast and deliver great results.
- You will bring a willingness to learn and grow and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment!
- Learn to develop beautiful and profitable applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control systems, and agile development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking and project management with the rest of the Twilio Team.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- To be working towards a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- To have a keen interest in software development with several side projects and perhaps are a part of the open source community.
- To have a hungry entrepreneurial and "can do" spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.
- Having knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks.
- Experience in data processing, analytics, business intelligence, and reporting.
- Experience with technologies such as Hadoop, spark, python, scala etc.
This role will be remote, based in Colombia.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.