Software Engineer - Flex Application Services
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer - Flex Application Services.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization on our Flex Administrator/Developer Experience team located in Tallinn. This person will own a significant part of the Flex Console/Admin experience development, bringing solutions to customers requiring real time connectivity to Twilio’s vast communication offerings. They will work closely with a group of talented engineers towards implementing and delivering the next generation of Twilio Flex.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive the design and development of new Administrator UI and API-s for new features.
- Collaborate with other Flex teams based in Europe, US, and India, and other Twilio teams that are globally distributed.
- Work directly with engineering teams and with members of the product organization, architects and external partners to distill product requirements and customer use cases into architecture, technical design, and code.
- Adopt engineering best practices to deliver, secure, maintainable and scalable software.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of quality by championing testing standard methodologies and engineering efficiency.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3-7 years of Software Engineering experience, developing and maintaining world-class web applications.
- Experience with the modern Web stack: notably React, Typescript, and Node.js. If you've worked with other frameworks (like Vue, Ember, Angular, Backbone) that's a plus as well
- Well versed understanding on using REST APIs.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills. You work with your team towards common goals.
- Strong communication skills and ability to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, upbeat teams.
- Knowledgeable of continuous deployment techniques and deployment infrastructure (e.g. CDNs, edge functions, etc.).
- Experience delivering applications in a distributed team environment.
- Any experience with Nx, Kubernetes, Docker, Node.js or Terraform is a plus.
This role will be based in our Tallinn office or remotely in Estonia.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.