Senior Manager, Trading
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Senior Manager, Trading.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
As the Senior Manager, Trading you will play a crucial role in expanding our wholesale business and enhancing our competitive standing in the region. Your responsibilities will span relationship management, routing management, commercial agreements, and execution. You will lead a team with deep expertise in CPaaS, negate bilateral commercial agreements and drive revenue and gross profit growth. Additionally, your role will be instrumental in supporting portfolio growth under the Regional Sales Leader. Creative deal-making abilities, professionalism and P&L management are critical to your success. This position reports to the RVP, Global Accounts.
In this role, you’ll:
- Execute the strategy to maximize revenue and gross profit performance across a portfolio of accounts. This includes a bilateral motion with connectivity partners, defining and applying routing strategies and price to address customer needs and deliver on targets.
- Own first line communications and business relationships with CPaaS partners.
- Deliver operational excellence and regional expertise to maximize profitability and optimize SMS performance.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasting. Stay current on competitive trends.
- Functionally manage business performance, business development strategy and operational improvements within your territory.
- Align regional individual and team goals with the Global Trading & Carrier Relations organizational goals.
- Partner and communicate effectively cross-functionally. Be a team player and a thought leader.
- Drive business rigor through data, analytics, and operational excellence.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 8+ years of progressive experience within the A2P SMS business with 3+ years in people management experience.
- Deep knowledge of the CPaaS industry at global and regional levels.
- Combined experience in leading quantitative, highly analytical products or projects for their customers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead partnerships and exceed critical metrics (position will have targeted attainment goals).
- A bias for action with the ability to test and iterate on new ideas quickly with the appropriate controls and data in place to measure success and change or double down on tactics when needed.
- Very organized, structured and detailed-driven mindset, with strong operational skills - ability to set action plans quickly with clear objectives.
- Strong Leadership skills - ability to influence, empower, inspire team members.
- World class team player. Your team results can only be achieved by making others successful.
This role will be based in our Dublin office or remotely in Ireland.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.