Business Development Manager, EMEA
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Business Development Manager.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Global Trading team and have gross profit responsibility for a selected number of strategic accounts. You will be responsible for defining the strategy and executing upon the growth strategy of your partners. You will own both supply and demand with the ultimate goal to maximize profitability.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop and drive strategy to achieve optimized profitability within account territory.
- Ruthlessly prioritize by identifying trading opportunities to maximize profitability.
- Own pricing strategy and execution, working closely with routing specialists to maximize volume aggregation and account health.
- Cultivate relationships with partners to drive cost efficiencies and quality improvements.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to manage rates, routes and yield.
- Represent Twilio and our values with partners at industry events.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years in international telecom industry in a partner management role.
- Highly analytical and strategic attitude with proven ability to analyze and compile large amounts of data to inform decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to lead partnerships and exceed critical metrics.
- A bias for action with the ability to test and iterate on new ideas quickly with the appropriate controls and data in place to measure success and change or double down on tactics when needed.
- Comfortable working with highly technical, operational and other cross functional teams, while influencing their understanding, building supportive partnerships and driving expected outcome.
- Strong individual self drive.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Established relationship with key regional accounts.
- Understanding of the SMS supplier ecosystem.
- Domain expertise from a highly quant industry such as investment banking, security or commodity trading especially in non-standard segments.
This role will be based in Dublin or remotely in Ireland.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.