Software Engineer L3
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer L3.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to to drive the innovation and creation of cutting-edge products that serve the needs of developers, builders, and operators. You will be a crucial bridge between Product and Design, tasked with developing low-latency, scalable distributed systems and APIs. Your collaboration and expertise will be fundamental in delivering robust solutions that power our users' success. Join us and play a vital role in building the future of developer tools, where your impact will resonate throughout the tech community.
Twilio is growing rapidly and we're proud to have our Phone Numbers Product drive industry direction through breadth, depth, and innovation. We're looking for an accomplished software engineer to join us as we begin the next stage of Phone Numbers at Twilio, pushing forward the entire industry in the process.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate and brainstorm product ideas with product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Design and build highly scalable and available services.
- Build REST APIs and Event based systems used by all Twilio customers.
- Constantly improve services that power Twilio’s top products and generate significant revenue.
- Truly own the product you work on. Be responsible for SLA, on call, incident resolution, customer feedback, and participate in blameless post-mortems to make our products better.
- Demonstrate strong engagement and technical leadership in the team setting.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years of Java, C#, or equivalent. Experience with at least one framework in which you can be called an expert.
- 3+ years of experience working with highly scalable large distributed systems, microservices, relational databases like MySQL, data pipeline systems, and frameworks to build high-performance RESTful web services.
- Well versed on what makes a good REST API.
- Experience designing, building, and supporting enterprise grade mission critical user-facing systems.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills. You work with your team towards common goals.
- A healthy ability to manage and resolve conflict - You can listen, present, and question effectively.
- Knowledge of processes and engineering best practices in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - You are confident in writing down and presenting your designs and decisions throughout the development lifecycle. You are also comfortable providing and receiving feedback in an Agile environment.
- Track record of successfully mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
- Experience with PHP and/or Python is a plus.
- Experience with React, Typescript, Node.js, or equivalent is a plus.
This role will be remote and based in Colombia.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.