Technical Program Manager 3
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Program Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a skilled Technical Program Manager to join the Communications BU, who can facilitate our teams to reach our aggressive product delivery and Engineering scale goals. Acting as the hub in a world of spokes, with technical aptitude and an product mindset, you will lead teams’ collaboration and deftly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, make use of metrics to improve delivery, track and report progress, and leverage best practices to ensure predictable and timely delivery of our programs. You will be partnering and collaborating with product managers, engineering counterparts, and stakeholders across BU’s, to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Communication Products. Experience in Telecom or Voice is a plus.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with product managers, engineering leads and stakeholders to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications and resourcing plan.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues
- Identify and manage risks to closure through data-driven approaches by applying both technical and business judgment.
- Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of our goals and priorities.
- Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices.
- Help be an agent of change as we strengthen our Technical Program Management across the organization.
- A true servant-leader, there to help the teams do their best work.
- Open to learning from others, humble, willing to experiment and try new ways of working.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience in technical program management, project management.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or similar degree.
- Structure and lead complex cross-functional programs for product and cross-company initiatives. Must be able to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion,
- Drive towards continuous improvement through analyzing data and inspect & adapt practices to work with agile teams to improve project delivery.
- Support the transparency and communication of the health and progress of an overall program that you are coordinating. Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly accountable with a demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information quickly in order to problem-solve and drive decision-making effectively
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive solutions and tasks to completion
- Help be an agent of change as we strengthen our Program Management across the organization.
- Experience in Agile Program Management is a plus
- Advanced/Fluent English communication level is a must.
- Experience in PaaS, SaaS, Telecom is a plus.
This role will be remote, and based in Colombia.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.