Senior Technical Onboarding Engineer
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Technical Onboarding Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is searching for an Onboarding Engineer to join the Communications Onboarding Team in our Professional Services Organization. You will partner with our Technical Onboarding Managers to help our customers successfully implement a wide range of Twilio’s products. The person in this role has the ability to build technical relationships by learning about our customer’s business and operational requirements. . Reporting to the Onboarding Engineering Manager, this position is critical to the success of new Twilio customers.
In this role, you’ll:
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the technical and business value of solving customer communication needs using Twilio product features
- Develop customized demos, presentations, and proof-of-concepts to demonstrate Twilio’s value to the customer
- Prioritize the customer’s project needs and confidently guide them through the technical aspects of the project
- Collaborate with your team and consult the customer on how to navigate their Twilio journey
- Adapt to customer needs, product or industry changes and unexpected challenges that may present themselves
- Set our customer’s up for success by not only teaching others ‘how to fish’ but how to fish at scale
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Schedule: ability to work non-standard, and holiday hours.
- Comfortable building out API workflows/processes, troubleshooting technical issues, creating workarounds, and helping customers test their application.
- Comfortable communicating with developers, product managers, and executives and advising them on the best way to utilize cloud communications technology.
- 5+ years demonstrated sales/support experience with SaaS software solutions
- API development/consulting experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with web based ecosystem and technology stacks as well as understanding of object oriented programming
- Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in multiple languages applicable to the region.
- Experience with Telecom and Voice.
- Experience in SMS, Messaging, Email and the rest of the Twilio product suite
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills, both written and oral
This role will be based in our Bengaluru, India office.
This role will be remote, and based in India.
Approximately < 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.