Senior Global Health & Safety Manager
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Global Health & Safety Manager.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead compliant occupational health & safety initiatives across the entire company, globally, as a member of the Corporate Security team. This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations with support from Regional Security & Safety Managers, cross functional business partners, and 3rd party service providers.
Our team interacts with every employee to support our goal of protecting all of the people, places and things that make up Twilio. The Twilio Corporate Security objective is to provide a safe, healthy and secure environment, achieved through customer engagement and trust.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop, review, and update health & safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all policies are communicated to and understood.
- Oversee the development of health & safety training programs.
- Stay updated with all local, state, and federal safety regulations.
- Coordination and oversight of internal and external health and safety audits.
- Address any non-compliance issues and ensure corrective measures are taken promptly.
- Monitor and report on health and safety performance metrics and incidents.
- Address concerns and feedback from employees regarding health & safety matters.
- Oversee and manage the health & safety budget, ensuring adequate resources are allocated to critical areas.
- Evaluate and recommend investments in safety equipment and technology.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years in global Occupational Health & Safety
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent certification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices.
- Previous experience in developing and delivering safety training.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team. Will take the initiative to drive deliverables forward even under ambiguous circumstances.
- Proficiency in Google GSuite, presentation development and metrics reporting development.
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in tech.
This role will be remote and based in Ireland.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.