Employee Relations Business Partner
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Employee Relations Business Partner
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
The primary objective of the Global Employee Relations team at Twilio is to ensure the treatment of every Twilion is fair, respectful, and consistent with our core values, or what we refer to as our ‘Twilio Magic’. We are a forward-thinking team that relies on our subject matter expertise and empathy to consistently improve Twilio.
This role is an individual contributor reporting into the Global Employee Relations Team. It requires robust employee relations experience, strong emotional intelligence, communication and interpersonal skills. The individual must be comfortable working on a broad range of employee relations issues, projects and initiatives.
The individual will partner closely with ERs core stakeholders (employees, leaders, Legal and HR Business Partners) providing ER expertise and services with the goal of proactively enhancing the employee experience; this means identifying and addressing employee concerns early, de-escalating and resolving workplace issues before they reach a level of criticality. The individual will also work on ER programs
In this role, you’ll:
- Handle a wide variety of complex ER cases and employee investigations in LATAM, ideally with knowledge and experience in Colombia and Brazil.
- Work collaboratively and build relationships; lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping relevant stakeholders informed.
- Apply good judgment, tact, discretion, and professionalism, especially when it comes to confidential documents and communications.
- Work independently balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Assist with the data reporting and analytics of ER cases for themes, trends and root causes to provide insights and recommendations for decision making and prevention of ER risk.
- Promote knowledge and understanding of company policies and of relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
- Assist with other ER project work and consultations related to the employee experience as needed
- Conduct complex and sensitive employee investigations with little supervision, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and any required document review, and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution
- Prepare well-written investigation-related documents, including leader/HRBP talking points, written warnings, case executive summaries and other documents with little supervision
- Partner collaboratively with HRBPs, Legal, Information Security, Ethics & Compliance, Communications, Diversity & Inclusion and others to
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management, Employee/Industrial Relations, Business, Employment/Legal Studies.
- Minimum 3-5 years Employee Relations experience.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills, problem solving, and root cause/analysis skills.
- Strong investigation and consultative skills.
- Ability to position self as credible, proactive and a trusted thought-partner.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including verbal and written in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated experience working on a wide variety of complex employee investigations across geographies independently.
- Demonstrated investigation and consultative skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization and keep relevant stakeholders informed.
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including verbal and written.
- Experience with both Brazil and Colombia employment laws.
- Law Degree with focus on LATAM countries.
This role will be remote based in Bogota, Colombia.
Approximately 10-15% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.