Cloud Network Engineer
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Cloud Network Engineer on Twilio’s Platform Engineering team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to build, operate, and maintain the global corporate network infrastructure, VPN, and connectivity to our cloud-based systems which support all stakeholders internal and external. It is tasked with monitoring performance to proactively respond to incidents, and engage in troubleshooting and root cause analysis for escalated connectivity issues. In conjunction with other engineering teams, they will build, deploy and manage practical, reusable, and resilient cloud, physical, and hybrid infrastructure.
In this role, you’ll:
- Assist in analysing and troubleshooting infrastructure issues and oversee fleet maintenance and security
- Work independently in ambiguous situations to ensure adherence to published standards and practices
- Deploy and maintain Windows client/server infrastructure by standing up automated patch processes
- Support and maintain LAN/WAN solutions between platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP)
- Monitor the network performance, availability, utilisation, throughput, latency, and other metrics
- Create and maintain documentation for network design, IT network standards and process
- Automate scripting, building systems and deploying applications to reduce repetitive tasks
- Participate in audits, risk assessments and mitigating activities to ensure compliance
- Participate in an on-call rotation for escalated issues
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of experience with Cisco routers and switches and Palo Alto Networks firewalls
- Experience in server and desktop virtualisation platforms such as VMWare/ Hyper-V
- Strong documentation ethic – capable of maintaining procedure & Documentation
- BS in Computer Science/DevOps Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Hands on experience integrating and deploying a variety of cloud-based services
- Experience with Okta, ServicesNow, JIRA, AD, Slack, Google/AWS Workspaces
- Experience with PRTG Splunk, SolarWinds, Wireshark, Nagios, 802.1x NAC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years experience with cloud services and networking administration
- Advanced skill in WIndows, Mac, Linux client networking
- Advanced knowledge of IEEE 802 standards and core networking protocols including 802.11, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience with building campus and/or data centre network infrastructure, AWS cloud services
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and its application in a network environment
- Relevant Cisco Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, CCNP, Wireless,CCSP
- Project Management, Scrum, Agile, Kanban experience preferred
- AWS certification preferred
This role will be based in Remote Ireland
Approximately 10% is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.