Fraud Operations Manager
About the Job
This position is needed to manage a team in our Fraud Operations organization.
We are looking for a people manager for our global Fraud Operations organization, which consists of operations managers and fraud prevention investigators and analysts. This is a full time remote role with team members located throughout the US and internationally. In this role, you will be responsible for the performance and development of Fraud Operations Specialists, ensuring that cases are worked efficiently by order of priority, with high precision. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast paced, ever changing environment and is passionate about preventing consumer harm. You will closely partner with other Fraud Operation Managers to deliver top performance of the entire Fraud Operations team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead one of Twilio’s Fraud Operations organizations, which is responsible for fraud prevention on Twilio’s platform.
- Direct the day to day activities of your team to ensure Service Level Agreements are being consistently met
- Act as the point of contact for high value customer incidents
- Coach and mentor your team on fraud best practices, ensuring quality decisions are made
- Partner with product, engineering and customer support teams to strike a balance between risk mitigation and customer experience
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or similar discipline or equivalent job experience.
- 1+ years of people management experience, leading global operations teams in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- 2+ years experience in fraud, abuse or compliance in eCommerce, FinTech, or telecommunications.
- Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule; weekends and holidays may be required.
- You are a natural problem solver, comfortable using data to arrive at decisions and you consistently demonstrate sound business judgment.
- You are able to build relationships and influence stakeholders across the organization.
- Strong project and process management skills, including establishing/managing a budget and setting/achieving goals.
- You have strong time management and organizational skills and are comfortable working under pressure.
- You constantly demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive solutions and tasks to completion
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Looker, Tableau or similar data extraction and data visualization tools.
- Basic understanding of APIs and related technologies.
- Experience in telecommunications is a plus.
This role will be based in Tallinn, Estonia.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.