Manager, People Services Center
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Manager, People Services Center (PSC)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As Manager for the People Services Center, the individual will lead a growing team of people operations service representatives that act as the frontline for people-related queries globally, in addition to ensuring daily operations, priorities, and processes are executed with excellence and strong ‘customer’ centricity. A key priority of this role will be to focus on enhancing existing programs and processes, with the goal of achieving greater efficiencies for the People team.
The individual will act as a thought leader to support the continued development of HR shared services function. This role is highly cross-functional, working as a leader and partner to our key internal stakeholders to find and enable operational efficiencies with the goal of improving the business and employee experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Oversee global tier 1 people-related work across the entire employee lifecycle
- Lead and manage the People Services Center, setting direction, prioritizing work, enabling efficient execution and quality employee support
- Work within core HR systems (PSP, Workday) ensuring data quality, audits, and reporting
- Develop and monitor HR operations service delivery standards to ensure timely execution and process consistency
- Design, improve, measure, and automate core processes, ensuring compliance with local laws and Twilio policies
- Collaborate closely with other HR functions, IT, Finance, and other stakeholders to streamline cross-functional programs and processes
- Management of external vendor relationships including contract negotiation, results attainment, and on-going partnership
- Work closely as a critical strategic and operational partner to the Director of Global People Operations and other regional leaders on team roadmaps, prioritization of projects, and budget management
- Represent HR Operations in corporate projects which require HR engagement and execution, as and when needed
- Oversee, monitor and continuously seek improvement to team performance metrics
- Focus on excellent employee, partner, and stakeholder support, approaching everything with a problem-solving mentality and an operational perspective
- Act as a thought-leader for the design and development of HR Operations Shared Services function with global reach and lead the roll-out
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in HR Operations; at least 4 years leading a team focused on compliance, systems, data, and global processes and efficiency
- Nurtures team success and development through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring
- Experience establishing or transforming regional HR operational processes for a large multinational technology company, integrating local practices with global policies and processes
- Demonstrated experience establishing and improving processes, including design, build, rollout, and adoption to users and stakeholders
- Ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and execute with open communication with key partners
- Experience operating in Workday as an HR administrator, HR partner, or as HR operations
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of urgency while achieving defined requirements
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Exhibited balanced judgment, ability to leverage data for decisions, and experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal communications at multiple levels of the organization
- Prior experience rolling-out HR Shared Services function at scale, and team capacity assessments
- Experience managing HR transaction environment with global complexity
- Self-motivated individual with a strong sense of accountability that will thrive in a dynamic global team environment
This role will be based in RMZ Ecoworld Bangalore, India with the option of working remotely.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.