Senior Manager, HRBP R&D
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our Sr. HR Business Partner Manager supporting TDA R&D (Twilio Data and Apps, Research and Development)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and innovators to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is seeking a Senior HR Business Partner Manager to partner with our Data and Application Research and Development Team (TDA, R&D). In this role, you will report to the HRBP Director for TDA R&D. Your primary client will be the Segment R&D (Engineering and Product) VPs. You will actively engage with your business leader(s) to align their strategic objectives with people strategies, programs, processes and tactics across the applicable functions and geographies. You will coach and partner primarily with leaders and people managers, using multiple resources and teams to provide our employees an exceptional experience through the entire employee lifecycle. You will partner closely with regional and functional HRBPs and with COEs across the People Team. This is an Individual Contributor role
In this role, you’ll:
- partner with leaders in our global R&D (Engineering and Product) leaders to understand our strategy, enable our teams to achieve their goals, and manage a global workforce in alignment with our Workforce Planning Strategy
- Have and gain deep knowledge of the strategy, challenges, solutions, product value proposition of the R&D teams and function as a key member to help achieve their goals
- Provide guidance and input on org design, workforce planning, location strategy, talent development and organizational planning in alignment with Twilio’s culture and long-term strategy
- Use analytics to educate leaders on the people measures in their business, helping to drive for improvements and continuous feedback
- Work closely with the talent acquisition team to identify talent and succession gaps and build talent bench that will allow the business and functional areas to scale
- Partner with our COEs, in recruiting, talent management, DEI, etc to build and/or advise on programs and initiatives.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Act as a role model for our Twilio Magic, inspiring those around you to achieve greatness, with a passion for what you do and a desire to help others do their best work
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other markets, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 8+ years as an HRBP or related discipline in a high-growth, fast paced global environment
- Demonstrated track record of providing business-driven talent strategy, programs, processes through the employee lifecycle.
- Experience building, partnering, and implementing meaningful change across a rapid pace, global organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and coaching skills with a proven ability to develop trusting relationships and influence at all levels within the organization to achieve business results.
- A hunger for learning and problem solving with a mindset that opportunities to do so are greater in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Enjoy deriving insights from data to support decision making and clearly present/communicate complex ideas
- Global HR experience
- Experience supporting R&D teams, best practices and market knowledge
- Strong analytical skills, including the understanding of metrics to support plans and monitor performance
- Experience leading and executing workforce planning efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas. Approximately 10-15% travel is anticipated.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado:$ 160,080.00-$200,100.00
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $169,250.00-$211,900.00
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open position
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.