Principal Solutions Engineer
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Principal Solutions Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to enable our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the sales team.
Twilio’s Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win at customer accounts. They lead the technical pre-sales relationship, propose technical architectures, demonstrate the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions.
Solutions Engineers should be comfortable engaging a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
In this role, you’ll:
- Help customers achieve success by leading the technical and product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, and guiding them on how to use Twilio’s APIs.
- Take lead on understanding customer technical pains through discovery in order to design, demonstrate, and present innovative solutions that solve business challenges.
- Be Hands-on, high-energy, passionate, and a creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success.
- Take the initiative to identify and solve problems - both for the customer and within the organization as we grow
- Build highly interactive and engaging customer demonstrations while forming strong customer relationships
- Partner with Account Executives to execute pre-sales activities including opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof-of-Concept, RFP, design documentation, technical presentations and enablement sessions.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 8 plus years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products or 5 plus years customer facing experience, especially in delivery or consulting
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- An engaging storyteller - you can gain audience confidence and communicate complex topics to multiple levels of audience.
- Ability to build a deep understanding of a customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, or Security is a plus.
This role will be remote, and based in the East Coast, USA.
Approximately 20% travel is anticipated.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $129,600.00 - $162,000.00.
- Based in New York, Washington State, or the San Francisco Bay area, California: $144,000.00- $180,000.00.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.