Technical Account Manager 3
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Account Manager (Night shift/US)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio is looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager who is going to be the designated technical support engineering contact for our strategic customers in North America during CST/EST working hours. As a designated technical contact you will work with our customers to resolve complex technical problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences. You should have an interest in digging deep as well as be able to zoom out and look at the larger picture. The TAM delivers proactive guidance to the customer to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies and deliver recommendations to make the customer’s environment less susceptible to business impacting downtime. You are able to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
About the job
A regular day in the life of a Technical Account Manager at Twilio would consist of working on the cases raised by specific customer's assigned to you and looking at ways to prevent future occurrences of such issues, while maintaining high customer relationships and helping them be successful using Twilio.
Some examples include: examining packet capture data and engaging one of our carriers to resolve a one-way audio issue in Germany, providing advice to a customer whose web server is not responding to HTTP requests from Twilio, and calling a customer to discuss the design of a function for transferring calls between agents in a call center.
As a TAM you will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- Understanding customer trends, analyzing patterns, driving betterments and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process is a key part of the role.
If you are excited about not only teaching others ‘how to fish’ but also how to fish at scale then this role is for you.
- 3+ years of experience working in a customer success or developer support environment
- Working knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone, zoom, email, chat or other mediums.
- Comfortable in working with customers’ developers to troubleshoot use of the Twilio helper libraries, SDKs and overall use case health.
- Advanced time management skills, experience with escalation handling, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while following standard processes.
- Excellent ability to prioritize tasks and evaluate situational urgency.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting and collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Experience in managing dedicated customer accounts.
This position will be located in RMZ Ecoworld office in Bangalore
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.