Network Engineer L3
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff (L4) Network Development Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Global Network Infrastructure team designs, builds, and maintains Twilio’s on-prem network exchange infrastructure to facilitate global communication services.
As a Network Development Engineer within the Global Network Infrastructure organization, you will be relied upon as a go-to resource for network design, automation, testing and support by bringing your experience and skill set to a collaborative group of professionals focused on delivering solutions via best engineering practices.
In this role, you will:
- Work within the network development and technology team to design, test, and document solutions that align with Twilio’s business requirements.
- Play a key role in identifying the requirements to automate the deployment and management of network services.
- Apply your skill set to support product, carrier relations, and network operations teams.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a network engineering role building and supporting edge, core, and cloud network infrastructure and services
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols and functions, including BGP, MPLS, EPL, EVPN etc., as well as optical transport systems.
- Ability to contribute to the definition of implementation processes, standardization and automation requirements to achieve maximum efficiencies.
- Ability to influence without authority (both horizontally and vertically) analytical talent and leadership to achieve the goals of the business.
- The intellectual and emotional capacity to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment supporting both customers and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written.
- Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Schedule: ability to work non-standard, on-call rotation weekend and holiday hours
- JNCIA, JNCIS-SP, CCNA, CCNP
This role will be remote and based in Ireland, Spain, UK.
Approximately <5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.