See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next System’s Administrator within their Spam and Fraud Tactical Team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to lead a team in our Compliance Operations organization.
We are looking for a Systems Administrator for our Global Compliance Operations organization, which consists of operations managers, specialists and analysts. This is a full time remote role. You’ll influence a team of managers and specialists and have extensive knowledge of the creation of rulesets. You’ll be able to design and execute spam and fraud mitigation projects. This role could also expand to managing rules within different systems since there are similar responsibilities within rule management.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with product, engineering and customer support teams to strike a balance between risk mitigation and operational experience.
- Document use cases in a clear and comprehensible format, ensuring they are easily understandable by both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Translate business requirements into effective rules for our spam and fraud filtering platform.
- Create diagrams that illustrate use cases and decision points.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and meticulously follow step-by-step processes while creating, managing, and updating rulesets and rules.
- Document and Maintain existing and new variables, arguments, rulesets, and rules in a structured and organized manner
- Document all Maintain existing and new variables, arguments, rulesets and rules in a readable format
- Keep a source of truth of which rulesets and rules are active and passive mode
- Develop new rulesets and rules with our spam and fraud platform based on country, carrier, or regulators requirements
- Modify and enhance existing rules and rulesets within our spam and fraud platform to adapt to spam patterns and industry regulations.
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors to audit existing and new rules and ruleset to ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Conduct weekly tests by sending messages through our spam and fraud platform to validate the accuracy and efficiency of our rules and rulesets.
- Provide insights and recommendations to optimize the efficiency and accuracy of our rules and rulesets.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience in systems administration, with a strong focus on rule-based systems, preferably in the context of spam filtering, fraud rules, or cybersecurity.
- Be able to work regular Pacific Standard Time work hours during training.
- Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule; working North America hours, weekends and holidays may be required
- Proficiency in writing and documenting complex technical concepts and use cases.
- Ability to create informative diagrams to represent rule interactions and decision points.
- Thorough understanding of rule-based systems and their application in a spam filtering context.
- Experience working with spam filtering platforms and applications.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to rules and rulesets.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills for working with cross-functional teams and third-party vendors.
- Attention to detail and ability to adhere to established processes and procedures.
- Ability to conduct regular testing and validation to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of rules and rulesets.
- You are a natural problem solver, comfortable using data to arrive at decisions and you consistently demonstrate sound business judgment.
- You have strong time management and organizational skills and are comfortable working under pressure.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Experience working with large-scale spam filtering or fraud prevention systems.
- Strong understanding of telecommunications networks, A2P messaging, and industry-specific compliance regulations.
- Knowledge of machine learning and data-driven approaches to enhance spam and fraud filtering accuracy.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.) for automation and scripting tasks.
- Proven track record of driving process improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across diverse teams.
- Capacity to adapt to dynamic environments and manage multiple priorities effectively.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.